We offer scalable, managed web hosting on our dedicated servers located in the UK. Rather than offer pre-built packages, we tailor each one to your requirements.
All our managed web hosting accounts include:
- Your own control panel https://cpanel.mydomain.com
- An SSL certificate to secure your domain
- Local email accounts, or the option to integrate with remote messaging services such as Office365
- A choice of two Webmail clients for browser based email at https://webmail.yourdomain.com
- FTP access using secure sFTP
- A web-based file management tool
- Tools to analyse your metrics – traffic, bandwidth and page hits
Optional Free Services include:
- WordPress install, including Wordfence and ManageWP plugins for maintenance and security
- Registration of your web site with Google and Bing and creation of a site map.
- Creation of Google ReCaptcha v3 keys (spam countermeasure) and basic Contact Form.
- Installation of the Yoast SEO plugin and basic configuration.
- Install and set up basic (Free) version of Mailchimp or PHPList for Digital Marketing
- Configuration and testing/demo of a payment gateway* – we prefer Stripe over Paypal or Worldpay
* development and deployment of an online store or shopping cart would be quoted separately
We are a small company and pride ourselves on a personal and friendly service. Rather than offer support via a premium-rate number, you can email directly to [email protected]. We also have a support portal at https://support.lunaria.co.uk. If you want to talk to us, you can call 0131 202 6612 (local/national rate call) – please note that you may have to leave a voice message. We’ll aim to pick this up and respond within 4 hours. Similarly, during office hours Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, we aim to respond to all support requests within 4 hours. At other times, it may take longer but we always aim to answer within 24 hours.
If you have a new idea, a new project you’d like to launch, or just want to chat about your web services and how to improve them, we meet regularly with our clients on Zoom. We’re always happy to arrange a zoom call, or share a Slack channel to help our clients with their business needs.
No-one wants to face the prospect of cleaning a hacked site, or losing valuable contact information. In addition to the embarrassment, there can also be a financial cost, not to mention loss of corporate reputation. We ensure that all our WordPress sites are kept up to date using a centralised management system. This alerts us to the presence of abandoned and vulnerable plugins. In addition, we use the Wordfence firewall to pro-actively detect and block malicious traffic. Our portfolio of sites are updated on a daily basis, ensuring that clients are alerted to potential problems before they become real ones.
For developers, we offer personal assistance to create and deploy web applications. Our core hosting platform is CentOS7, PHP 7.4 and Apache 2.4. We can offer legacy PHP versions, as long as they are still supported. All hosted accounts are on UK-based dedicated servers with unlimited bandwidth (fair use policy applies). Our storage technology is hardware SSD RAID1 drives.
Our accounts are backed up on-site weekly. If your requirements exceed this, please get in touch and we can discuss more frequent and/or off-site backup options.
Service Level Agreement
We understand that bare metal hardware isn’t for everyone. If you have a requirement for a greater level of redundancy or resilience beyond our default package, or if you prefer a virtualised environment such as that provided by Cloud Hosting, please get in touch and we’d be happy to look at options for you.